General Registration Procedures
Contact your specific location regarding their registration procedures.
Policy & Procedures
If your child becomes ill or gets injured during class we will:
- Call the parent(s)/caretaker: first at home, then by cell, then at work.
- Call the emergency contact.
- If there is a medical emergency, 911 will be called.
Drop Off / Pick Up
- Drop off is no earlier than 5 minutes before class begins and pick up is no later than 5 minutes after class ends.
- An adult must bring every child into the building or classroom.
- The staff will refuse to release a child to anyone, whether related or unrelated to the child, who has not been authorized in writing by parent(s) or guardian to receive the child. Persons not known to the staff shall be required to provide a drivers license with photo or photo identification card issued by the Illinois Secretary of State to establish their identity prior to a child being released to them.
- The facility will maintain a list of persons designated in writing by the parents or guardian to whom the facility will release the child.
- Every child will be picked up from inside the building or classroom.
In the event that a child is having trouble adjusting to the class, is disruptive to the class or other children, or physically aggressive to teachers or peers, the parent will be immediately notified. A phone conference or meeting will be arranged as soon as possible. A solution will be decided upon and implemented. If this solution is ineffective or the child remains unhappy or problematic we reserve the right to dismiss your child from our class. Refunds will be determined by the Park District or Community Center’s policies. Everything will be done in the child’s best interest.
Please note: If your child has a facilitator in public school or elsewhere it is the parent’s/guardian’s responsibility to inform Extraordinary Kids Pre-K Adventures either on the registration form or by phone. We do not exclude these students but may find it necessary to have the facilitator accompany the child to our program.
- If your child has been ill, he/she must be fever free for 24 hours in order to attend class. Healthy children make happy children. Please do your part by keeping our environment healthy.
- If your child has chicken pox, please wait until he/she has scabbed before returning to class.
We can only accommodate students in classes that are not running at full capacity. Please contact your teacher. We are sorry but we can not guarantee make-up classes.
No refunds for canceled classes due to inclement weather. We will try our best to offer make-up classes.
General Refund Policy
Contact your specific location regarding their individual refund policy.